The Gospel Of The Day, Monday 13th of June, 2011

Monday of the First Week of Pentecost.


Actes of The Apostles 2:22-28
22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know 23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24 But God raised him up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says concerning him, 'I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken; 26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will dwell in hope. 27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, nor let your Holy One see corruption. 28 You have made known to me the ways of life; you wilt make me full of gladness with your presence.'


Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 3:5-8
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.' 8 The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes or where it goes; so it is with every one who is born of the Spirit."


No comments:

Post a Comment